10/22/2016

DAY92 Lesperon-Soustons 37.0km (France)



It’s my 56th birthday today.

Beautiful sunrise celebrated my birthday in the morning.


I felt something wrong with my left ankle and it hurts a bit now.

After taking 7 days off in Genissac, I started to run again but in my mind I must have hurried to the goal.

It’s not easy to keep the balance in between the mind and the body.


Ran through rough road between the forest. Some roads were soft gravel sometimes sandy it was hard to push my buggy.

Had a flat tire on the front wheel yesterday and today.

About 4:30, I finished my run at B&B in Souston.


Elizabeth, the owner doesn’t speak English but we communicated with Google translation.

She said she had a party tonight and invited me too.

The party began at 8pm where her family and friends were there.

What a surprise! Suddenly they started to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY song.

Special cake showed up before me on the table!

Because of Catherine who had spent her life in the US and Australia, she translated into French what I wanted to say.

Anyway, “Miracle happens everyday” as Forrest Gump says.

Yes, it really does.

I had a very happy time with the people whom I would have never met if I had not traveled in France.

Everywhere I go, there is someone who needs me. That’s why I keep running and traveling.



*Today’s Distance: 37.0 km

*Total Distance in Europe: 3261.8 km

* See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment