10/11/2016

DAY81 Bonzac-Libourne(-Genissac) 12.8km (France)


Leaving Bonzac as soon as the sun rose.

Just 12 km away from the start, I felt something wrong with my buggy VIENTO2.

I couldn't go straight, It went to the left side naturally.

Weld part near the suspension plate on the left side got broken down.




When this happened I was in Libourne. It was very close to a cycle shop VELO LAND.

I rushed into the shop and asked the owner if it could be repaired but he said a special component was necessary.

I packed up my baggy into its own bag.

I had no transportation with heavy luggage.

I asked a taxi driver how much it cost to Portets 33km from Libourne.

He said it was about €70. So I cancelled today's B&B in Portets.

Instead I booked another B&B in Genissac, 10km south of Libourne.

Trying to pick up a taxi, but it was not easy in a country side because most of people have cars. I spent 1.5 hours on the road side. I got back to the cycle shop.

Cristian, the owner of VELO LAND was kind enough to call a taxi for me.

A taxi driver was a good guy too who loves Japan very much.

He asked me many questions about Japan.


About 20 minutes I arrived at B&B but it was a bit too early for the reception.

The owner showed up soon.  Florence spoke English and I told her about what had happened today. She gave me some information about what I should do with the solution.


Anyway, I need to take a rest for a while.



*Today’s Distance: 12.8 km

*Total Distance in Europe: 3045.8 km

* See More Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment