7/25/2016

Day3 Leighton Buzzard to Northampton 61.5km



Slept 9 hours last night as I was so tired or might have suffered from jet lag.

It not easy to get used to traveling days especially in the beginning as usual.

13 degrees in Leighton Buzzard.

As I was running on the highway A4146, a police car followed me and there were two police officers in it.

One of them got off and told me to stop, saying the traffic is heavy and I’d better not run in such dangerous situation.

I was told to get on their car and they gave me a ride to safer place.

After that, I followed a quiet route National Cycle Route along the canal.

The route sometimes got a single track of the trail.

Too narrow and bumpy, in some part it’s like a weed jungle.

Plants with thorn annoyed me, they gave scratches on my legs and T-shirt.

As I arrived at a guest house in Northampton, the owner said no vacancy tonight!

I was at a loss what to do, then moved to McDonald in town.

Finally after running 61km I pitched my tent at an empty space in the old stadium. It’s at the edge of the town near the highway but not that quiet.

No choice. I wanted to have a day-off tomorrow but in vain.

Hope I’ll have a hot shower and wash clothes tomorrow.


*Today’s Distance:61.5km

*Total Distance from Big Ben, London:138.2km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment