1/10/2015

Day57 Balclutha to Clinton



Just one month to get back home in Japan.

I made up my mind to get to Invercargill on Day60.

No need to think about the future. We got to concentrate on the very moment.

When the right time has come, everything will be all right.

Just 30km today.

Had Japanese style breakfast, Miso soup, rice, avocado, fried eggs, erie seaweed and tomato.

She made me some rice balls. I really appreciated.


About 9am, I said goodbye to Yumiko, David and Luna on the bridge. It was impressive farewell.

In downtown, Balclutha, I met a guy with a smile.

“I saw you on the paper the other day. I know you’re from Japan and running for the charity.”

His name was Mike and gave 20 dollars for donation.

He came to Tokyo for the first time in 1964 in Tokyo Olympic Games.

Yes, 2020 is also a year when the Olympic Games will be held in Tokyo again. I told him about it but he said he would like to travel by the bullet train or Shinkansen again.

I gave him my business card and told him about my PEACE RUN.

He gave me a big smile and wished me for a good luck.


Some more rolling hills today. No flat route at all.

Hill climbing after downhill on and on and on.


Cooler than I had expected. Head wind was not so strong.

Watching the herd of sheep in farm land, I kept running in the landscape of pasture. Isn’t it nice to enjoy running in that way?


Today’s goal was Clinton. A small quiet town with no supermarket but instead petro station and takeaways.

Found a motel in town and checked in with a great welcome by the owner.

Some small towns before Invercargill.

Tomorrow I’ll be in Mataura. 

3 days to the southern most city Bluff!



*Distance Today: 33.66km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 1782.56km

*See Where I am

*See More Photos 


No comments:

Post a Comment